Google's executive chairman Eric Schmidt and director of Google Ideas Jared Cohen have warned London School of Economics students against censorship on the internet and the dangers that 'digital ethnic cleansing' pose. Sky News quoted Schmidt, as saying that people will omit data if they want to restrict communication and information. He, however, agreed that any piece of information cannot be ...
Salesforce.com's earnings outlook for the current quarter failed to inspire investors used to strong numbers from the cloud-based business software pioneer, and its shares fell 6%. ...
Lakshmi Mittal does not seem to be the most popular man in France. And the French have found an innovative way to vent their anger against him. A ...
MOSCOW: Russia's top online social network was banned on Friday from distributing content across the country, raising concerns of a clampdown on a forum used by President Vladimir Putin's opponents to organize protests. The ban ...
Samsung televisions portrays men as dirty slobs, flatulent, dirty, couch-bound, unkempt, and unevolved - and it now has members of the male species crying ...
Cradle Will Rock
At the end of "Cradle Will Rock," a group of actors, vaudeville performers, and dedicated theater goers perform a symbolic funeral procession mourning the death of the Federal Theater Project, an offshoot of the Works Progress Administration program of FDR's New Deal, that was closed down by the government for monetary reasons that conveniently masked political reasons. Holding aloft a casket ... ...
Trai discussed the option of allowing mobile phone companies to issue special tariff vouchers (STV) to bring down roaming charges. The proposal, which was discussed between the Trai chairman Rahul Khullar and chief executives of top telecom operators, may also soothe the industry's opposition of doing away ...
Veerapa Moily was presented with Global Citizen Award by a university for his role in transforming Bangalore as a global IT hub during his tenure as Karnataka chief minister. ...
Nokia has filed a second patent infringement lawsuit against rival HTC, claiming the firm is infringing a further nine of its patents. Nokia has confirmed to The INQUIRER that it filed a second court case against HTC and its ...
Google reportedly is mulling a $1bn takeover of sat-nav application Waze, much like rivals Apple and Facebook. Waze certainly has done a good job of attracting the big names in pop technology, with Apple, Facebook and now Google reportedly interested a $1bn buyout of the Israeli firm. Bloomberg reports ...
Google could be about to face a fresh antitrust investigation, this time about its display advertising business. Google is regularly accused of stiffling online competition due to its size and its influence. It has tangoed with regulators in the US and Europe, and has been involved in as many investigations as ...
They said it
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
The Pan Pacific Hotel, Vancouver, Canada
This spectacularly located waterfront hotel backs on to the CBD and the Gas Light district at Canada Place, adjoining the ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Arizona HeraldArizona Herald – Online Newspaper serving the state of Arizona
Every minute of every day our news editors canvass the issues, and stories making the news to provide our readers with a broad and in-depth coverage of what's happening in the world.
Our first priority is the state. We specialise in Arizona news. From Tucson to Phoenix, we're on the lookout day and night to keep track of issues making the news. We also strive to keep abreast of national news.
Breaking stories out of the continental United States usually break first on the Arizona Herald. Neighbouring states and key cities too often feature on our news pages.
We also provide a whole lot of other content you'd expect from any newspaper including international sports coverage and local Arizona weather forecasts.
We also provide readers with an opportunity to engage in newsmaking by voting on major stories in the news, and following how other readers are viewing the issues. Our news polls are regularly updated, and attract thousands of voters over each week they're conducted.
Our business writers too work hard to keep you abreast of what's happening in the markets, not only in the U.S. but across the globe. We work around the clock to post stories from major financial centers like Tokyo, Paris, London, and of course New York, where we have extensive coverage of the major indices, particularly the Dow Jones, Nasdaq, S&P and Russell 2000.
Actors Reese Witherspoon and Joaquin Phoenix will reportedly team up again for a crime thriller, to be directed by Paul Thomas.
The popular duo was last seen together in the 2005 movie "Walk The Line", for which Witherspoon even won a best actress Academy Award.
They are now set for a big screen reunion in upcoming movie "Inherent Vice", reports dailystar.co.uk.
The film is based on Thomas Pynchon's 2009 novel of the same name, with Phoenix playing a pot-smoking private detective named Doc Sportello, working a missing persons case in 1970s Los Angeles.
Others who will feature in the movie are Martin Short, Owen Wilson and Benicio Del Toro.
- Friend of Boston bombers had confessed to 2011 triple murders claims FBI
- Drone strikes are legal and extend to US citizens as well, says Obama
- Kerry holds talks with Israeli and Palestinian officials
- HSBC could face criminal prosecution as deal on money laundering charges stalls
- Worlds largest Star Wars Lego model unveiled in NYC
- Crews set their own fires to slow 10775-acre blaze near Patagonia
- Rest of AZ lags Phx. suburbs in growth
- Whats closed on Memorial Day
- Tim Steller Every leaker acts out of self-interest
- SUV severely injures couple at Mtn. View graduation
- Foreign policy impotence gripping U.S.
- Put a Spotlight on African Women’s Reproductive Rights
- Newspaper unfair to Minneapolis police
- Proposed lower alcohol limit for drivers too severe
- Stockholm suburbs beset by 5th night of violence
- Royalty Pharma takeover bid fails to find Elan ecceptance
- Chidambaram says U.S. Federal Reserves statement misunderstood calls for calm
- China to issue 26b yuan in two-year T-bonds
- UPDATE 1-Novo obesity drug could launch in U.S. end 2014
- Global follow-on share offerings hit all-time high
- No hatred between Mayers former girlfriends
- George Michael didnt try to commit suicide by throwing himself from car says pal
- Prince Harry names himself ginger queen
- Taylor Swift likes smart comfortable wear
- Amanda Seyfried was happy with big bosom
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Arizona Herald headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Jury in Arias case gives up after no consensus
- Old Stage Stop will ask to keep gas pumps open all night - again
- United Animal Friends Superstar of the Week - Sylvia
- Gas prices May 24
- Brewers team up on beer to help military families